Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Birthday Boy

K so I know it's pretty mushy to write a whole post on this great awesome husband of mine but I don't care you're getting one anyway!

If you knew me you would now that I H.A.T.E.D dating in college. So much so that my mom literally bribed me with riding boots if I would go on a certain number of dates in a month. Ridiculous I know. So what does this have to do with Sam? 

With Sam it was completely different. I had so much fun on our dates that it wasn't a chore anymore. He was always making me laugh whether it was intentional or me laughing at the fact that he literally ran every stop sign on one of our first dates it was so so fun. 

He ALWAYS made me feel important and genuinely cared about whatever I was going through and he showed an interest in things that I liked doing (proven by his willingness to run a half marathon with me and multiple races since when he hates running).

He went out of his way to help me with anything. Whether it was making sure I ate lunch when I got stressed, or getting rid of a wasp nest from my car mirror I knew I could always count on him.

Fast forward to almost a year into our marriage and all of the little things that I loved back then have grown exponentially! I am so thankful that I have #eternyty (Don't worry the spelling on that was intentional) of adventures with him and that I get to experience all the ups and downs that life has to offer with him. 

Since I love lists so much and since Sam is turning 25 I thought it would be oh so creative of me to highlight my 25 favorite memories with him.

1. On one of our dates you made me stand in the rain so you could be a gentlemen and open my door. 

2. When we were dating and we rented Roger for the day and he went and peed in my room.

3. When we went to the zoo in Colorado and Utah and you bought me a souvenir from both.

4. After I barely met your family I crashed on the mountain bike and you took care of me and bought me every kind of bandage available.

5. When we went to the butterfly pavilion in Colorado and we worked so hard to get a butterfly to land on me but they would always just land on you.

6. When we spent the whole weekend together in St. George and hiked Angel's landing.

 7. When I took you to your first rodeo.

8. When you helped me with all of my Pinterest crafts.

9. When we got snow cones at least once a week in the summer time, and how you always make fun of me for saying that I never got my "last snowcone" of the year before the closed.

10. When we spent the day at the park in matching clothes.

11. When we would try and sneak the leftover apple dip into the other person's lunch and I thought I got it into yours but you really sneaked it into mine when I wasn't looking.

12. How we compete at who gets the other person the best Valentine's card.

13. How you always bring me flowers and chocolate/gelato after I've had a bad day.

14. When we ran the color run together.

 15. When we went to Switzerland and explored all of the really cool castles :).

16. When we wandered the streets of Venice to find the best deals on souvenirs only to find that everything was cheaper in Florence.

17. When we hiked in the alps.

 18. When we spend date nights at the movies.

19. Whenever we go out to eat we play 100 pics while we wait for our food.

20. Whenever we want the other person to do something we always say, "But you're the best at _______."

21. All of our road trips to Colorado :)

22. Whenever I get nervous/stressed/sad you send me pictures of cute puppies or animals because you know that I LOVE them all.

23. How we always give recognition for the other person doing chores. 

24. When you used your "grumpy" persona with your lumberjack beard.

25. But I think that my favorite memory is definitely January 2. For obvious reasons :D

I love you Sammy Sam and I hope you have the best birthday ever!!!


. : Skales : .

2 comments:

  1. Omg Hank made the post!!!! HAPPY BDAY SAM! You are so old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha of course he did!! I love that I don't even have to tell you when there is a new post you just read them all!!!

      Delete