Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The End of an Era

Welp the day finally came. A little over two years ago I started my graduate program at BYU. I still remember going to my first class that summer term and being so so scared! I left behind everything that I was comfortable with at BYU Idaho; my friends, my job, and my ability to get around campus (just to name a few). It felt like I was going through my freshman year all over again (that might be a little bit of an exaggeration but still). Aaaanyway to make a long story short, as part of my graduate program I was assigned an office that I shared with 3 other graduate students. My little cubicle became a home away from home for me the past 2 years and my office mates became some of my best friends! I feel like so much happened in my little office: there were study parties before finals, meditation sessions with office mates (much needed), early mornings studying with Sam, gross "after" pictures from a half marathon, constant stressing about our theses (seriously though I think that word is used on a daily basis in our office), after hours homework and finals study time, master's exam tears, candy crush time with Sam, and always lots of laughter.

Ok I'm realizing that this post is a little dramatic because it's about an office not even a whole office but a cubicle! I'm starting to realize that I have issues. BUT the point of this post is that this past weekend Sam and I made the trek down to Provo to clear out my cubicle and it just brought back soooo many memories. It was so sad taking down all the little notes that Sam and my friends had left me, and packing up all my course readings and books from grad school. It's hard to believe that grad school and my time at BYU has come to an end. Grad school has definitely been challenging in so many ways but I feel so lucky to have the memories that I do from the past two years :)

Just the coolest office mates and office baby ever!

So it just so happens that we ran a half marathon and didn't take any "after" photos until we got to my office

 Please tell me that I'm not the only one who struggles with what to do with their hands in pictures!?



The muscle behind the move. Funny thing is that we don't know where to put all of this stuff and so it's still in Sam's car!!

There it is all emptied! Oh and that computer background is a Sam Bertoch original :)



2 comments:

  1. Okay so I'm planning on doing this this weekend and it makes me SO SAD! I feel a little silly that I'm so sad that we're "done" to the point of giving up our office (because it means we're close to being DONE), but still. I'm sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I can't believe that we are finishing up! It's weird that it's so bittersweet but I guess that's just how it always goes!

      Delete